Awards & Accreditations
Accreditations and approvals shows ITL's commitment to excellence for our global customer base. Whether it be a review of our QMS or a 3rd Party Witness inspection, ITL is regularly vetted for compliance against ISO 9001 as a minimum but often to higher individual customer requirements. Additionally, as part of our continued focus on product & process improvements we are also ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified.
Always looking to improve the management systems employed, our Quality Management System, Environmental Management System and Health & Safety Management Systems have been combined into an integrated management system (IMS) that has been successfully audited by LRQA.
Instrument Transformers Limited's Management Team are committed to the continued improvement and effectiveness of our BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System. It is the Policy of the Company to control the design, procurement, process control and inspection of all its products, which are covered by its scope of registration.
Comply with the customers' needs & and expectations, written specifications and/or National or other International Standards (where applicable), to ensure that products continue to be fit for their intended use.
By the establishment of regular reviews of Specific Measurable Agreed Reachable Time-bound, business risks & opportunities including quality measures, that underpin our top-level objectives of conducting business in an ethical, safe manner with environmental considerations whilst providing quality products within agreed timescales and maintaining acceptable levels of revenue.
These opportunities in part will be accomplished by ensuring the clear communication and understanding of this policy by the Management Team to the organisation, combined with making all personnel aware of the relevance, valued contribution and importance of their activities in meeting our continued business-wide objectives.
Instrument Transformers Limited is committed to maintaining and continually improving the effectiveness of the BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. By understanding and communicating this policy as well as establishing and reviewing environmental objectives, risk and opportunities will continually drive improvements in performance and minimising any adverse effects on the environment, which may result from its activities, processes or products.
The Company is committed to:
- Preventing pollution and protecting the environment
- Considering the environmental impact on materials used in the supply, manufacture, distribution, installation and end-of-life of our products.
- Recycle, re-use and recover packaging and other materials.
- Minimising internal waste and the control of all external waste in line with applicable statutory, legal or other compliance obligations
- Foster co-operation regarding environmental issues with our employees, suppliers, customers and other interested parties.
All ITL personnel are required to assist with the successful implementation of this Environmental Policy.
Instrument Transformers Limited
Health & Safety Policy
Instrument Transformers Limited is committed to maintaining and continually improving the effectiveness of the BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Management System, including development of forthcoming ISO45001. The Company regards the promotion of Health & Safety as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels within the organisation. It is therefore this Company’s policy to do all that is reasonable to prevent personal injury and ill health and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards including the public insofar as they come in contact with the Company and its products or processes.
The Company has a responsibility
1. To conduct risk assessments that identify foreseeable hazards and risks that may be caused by ITL’s products and processes.
2. To provide and maintain safe systems of work to mitigate risks to safety and health and that meet any applicable statutory, legal and other requirements.
3. To provide training, information and supervision to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
4. To implement risk reduction controls, establishing and reviewing OH&S objectives and make available all necessary safety devices and personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure safe working conditions and supervise their use.
5. To maintain the OH&S Management System and regularly review its OH&S performance against its stated Objectives and Targets.
6. By conducting OH&S Inspections and performance reviews, strive to identify areas for improvement and continually drive for improvements in the OH&S Management System.
7. To communicate and consult the workforce on all matters of Health and Safety
Employees have a duty to co-operate and participate with management in the operation of the policy by:
1. Working safely and efficiently.
2. Using PPE, and by meeting applicable statutory, legal or other obligations.
3. Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage.
4. Adhering to and being involved in establishing and maintaining company procedures, hazard identification, risk assessments and controls
5. Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.
SAFETY IS EVERYONE'S CONCERN AND REQUIRES ALL EMPLOYEES AT ALL LEVELS TO ADOPT A SAFE ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOUR WHILST AT WORK IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE POSSIBILITY OF INJURY OR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT.
Instrument Transformers Limited